Skip to main content

Famous Movie Quotes applied to software engineering - Dirty Harry



Do you feel luck punk? Well.... Do Ya?


I've spoke of it in my very first blog post, about a developer who blindly put their code live without any testing, without any consideration for the side effects that may have been caused by his changes. I've got to think that before he put it live, that he asked himself "Do I feel lucky?" there's no other explanation for why he did what he did!

So now, if anyone were to come to me and say I'm putting this live, without any testing (ignoring the gates that he/she would have to go through in order to get anything live..) I'd have to say to them:

You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Comments

  1. So this sort of movie will work as a great source of entertainment in true words. Due to is humor feature this movie is ranked. watch free movies

    ReplyDelete
  2. 123movies free, Watch HD Movies Online For Free and Download the latest movies without Registration at 123Movies.
    watch series Online

    ReplyDelete
  3. the finest selection of movies on the entire internet. You can just Search Movie name ON your computer and watch the movies of your choice, all from the comfort of your home. 123movies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crush and smash film or still pictures as 3D pieces detonate to uncover the following picture from Pixel Film Studios. With the 3D camera and lights in Movement 5, clients can produce their smash results to the following level. Turn, rotate or container around the media as it breakes into many minor pieces. FCPX Templates

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is on the grounds that the inward parts of the application won't be as natural to a great many people as non specific off the rack programming will be. https://www.sigmanest.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. People who create viruses for computers are always coming up with new approaches. This means the good guys have to also come up with new solutions and safeguards on a regular basis. Getintopc

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm.. good to be here in your article or post, whatever, I think I should also work hard for my own website like I see some good and updated working in your site. http://www.getinntopc.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Very Nice Information Thanks For Sharing It.
    file hippo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Watching movies is has never been this agreeable! You get the chance to invest quality energy with your family. www.123movieshub.it

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow very nice information.Thank You So Much Sharing It.

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice and more useful information by the admin

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one awesome blog post.Much thanks again. Great. software download

    ReplyDelete
  14. Softhives
    Get your hands on latest mac and pc software. You can download unlimited games and pc applications cracks easily. PowerISO Crack With Activation Code

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is a PBI?

After my last post, I had the question of what is a PBI... so I thought i'd write a short blog post about what they are and why they are used. A PBI is an acronym for Product Backlog Item. It is a description of a piece of work that your SCRUM team will develop and deliver. When you have a list of Product Backlog Items, you then refer to that collective list as a Product Backlog. The product backlog is often prioritised and yourteam will work through each PBI, and release on a regular schedule... I am however going deep into the world of Agile development, which isn't entirely what this post is about, so I will stop myself now. A Product Backlog Item is made up of the following: Title - This is often a one liner that gives the team an idea of what the PBI is about, although it can just be an ID for the item and the team work off of that. Description - Breaks down the PBI in a bit more detail, and can be written in any style, however I prefer it to be written as follow...

Coding something simple.... or not! Taking a screenshot on error using Selenium WebDriver

I recently wrote a little function that takes a screenshot at the end of a test if it has errored. What sounded very simple at the start turned out to be quite a bit of work, and quite a few lines of code to handle certain scenarios! It's now over 50 lines of code! I'll start with what I had at the beginning, this was to simply take a screenshot in the working directory, we are using SpecFlow and Selenium to run the tests, so we are going to check if the ScenarioContext.Current.TestError isn't null, if it is, then using Selenium, take a screenshot (note the below code is a simplified version of what I had at the beginning). [AfterScenario]         public static void TakeScreenShotOnError()         {             if (ScenarioContext.Current.TestError == null) return;             var screenshotDriver = Driver as ITakesScreenshot;             if (screenshotD...

The Stickman Tester... The full version complete with deleted "scenes"!

As some of you may have seen, a little while ago I performed a 99 second talk on the Stickman Tester for the Ministry of Testing. Owing to the fact that it had to be 99 seconds, this unfortunately meant that a verse was left out in order to keep it within the time frame! It's only now that I have found the time to put the deleted verse/scene back in, and re-record it and upload it! (It's now a 120 second talk!) It talks about a testers journey in an Agile team, about how not everybody has it as good as others, and basically talks about not giving up, keep searching, or trying to change your role to make it what you want it to be. Anyway, here it is, in all it's glory. Hope you enjoy it!